Piramal Success Factors
- A framework of behaviors that will help drive high performance at Piramal.
- Build on our core values of Knowledge, Action and Care and identifies behaviors statistically correlated with high performance.
- Considers what differentiates our current high performers from average performers, also looks at our future strategic priorities.
- A common framework that helps us streamline our HR processes from entry to exit ie. improve how we recruit, manage performance, identify potential, plan for succession, create development plans etc.
Our People Strategy
1. Creating learning solutions aligned to business needs through the Learning University
At Piramal Consumer Products we have Learning University that caters to the learning needs of employees. A significant focus area has been to move beyond classroom "training" and instead deliver integrated learning solutions focusing on long term embedding of learning.
The robust platform is drawn through:
- Business Specific Learning Calendars
- Learning Councils which co-evolve learning needs aligned to business plans
- Business Sponsors for each learning need
- Greater focus on long term embedding of learning – pre-work and post-work, action learning projects and certification
- Learning metrics mapped to business metrics
- Greater focus on using “Leaders as Teachers” to build a learning culture
2. Accelerated development programs for the Mid and Senior level employees
SUMMIT - A Group-wide senior leadership development program that focuses on building leaders who are role models in the "Piramal Way" having gone through a one year intensive journey of personal and professional transformation. The leaders have access to senior McKinsey coaches along with structured learning input, in a learning journey that seamlessly brings together their "business mandate" and their "development mandate".
ASCEND – A program for a curated for consistent high performers from an employee base of Chief Managers and General Managers. Through a series of development centres created basis the Piramal Success Factors, a set of "ASCEND Entrepreneurs" are identified to act as a Group-level, Chairman-owned high potential talent taskforce. This Group is goes through a focused one year development journey with cross-business / cross-functional high impact projects, senior leadership mentoring and networking, external expert interactions, access to the Harvard Manage Mentor platform and structured learning labs. The remaining "ASCEND Explorers" are go through a "lite" one year development journey that builds their leadership capability. This program takes in talent cohorts year on year to strengthen the middle management pipeline.
3. Campus recruitment program - Management Trainee & Summer trainee
Management Trainee Program
The Management Trainee Program is a robust and comprehensive program that aims at nurturing future talent to take on leadership roles in future, hence we call them the “Game Changers Team”. We believe in providing world class learning opportunity to the MTs recruited from top B-schools of the country.
Our Management Trainee program is designed in a way that it gives an in-depth understanding to the fresh talent that comes in through the management trainee route. They are put through a year long, cross-functional, multi-location program; after successful completion of the stint they are absorbed in their respective functional departments.
The program begins with a week long induction at group and business level, wherein the MTs are given an overview on the group, business and functions, followed by site visits. Here they are introduced to their guides/mentors available to them throughout the MT program. This helps the MTs faster integrate with the business, values, culture. The induction session is followed by cross functional stints which are most relevant to the function the management trainees have been hired for. These stints allow the MTs to experience different roles/ functions and provide a macro view of the organization. During this entire 1 year tenure they have a Senior Leadership Team member attached to them.
The Management Trainee undergoes periodic reviews with their guides/mentors. In addition to this there is a formal midterm and final presentations to the Senior Leadership Team where the Management Trainees are share their experiences and learnings.
What Employees have to say About Piramal